Applying to CUA
The Catholic University of America accepts applications on a rolling basis. Once your application file is complete, you will receive a decision within 4-6 weeks.
- Applicants should submit their application online.
Our online application is optimized for application efficiency. The online application gives applicants control of submitting not only the graduate application, but also, nearly all of the supporting documents. For this reason, it is very important that applicants have all of their required documents ready to submit before starting the application. Applicants will not be able to complete the online application without submitting the necessary documents.
- All applicants must submit the following at the time of application. (All materials should be submitted in .doc, .wpd, .rtf, .pdf, .docx, .xlsx, or .txt formats and should be no larger than 600kb):
Statement of Purpose
Unofficial transcripts from all undergraduate level or higher courses. In order to expedite the processing and evaluation of admissions, unofficial transcripts may be submitted. However, final, official transcripts and documentation of degree conferral are expected to be submitted as soon as possible.
Contact information for three recommenders
$60 application fee
- Application requirements vary by individual program. Please be sure to consult the individual program websites before submitting an application to ensure submission of all the necessary materials at the time of application.
- All GRE or other test scores must be sent directly to the CUA Office of Graduate Admissions from the testing service and cannot be attached to the online application. CUA's test code for the GRE and TOEFL is 5104.
- For international applicants, please be sure to attach both original copies in the native language and translated forms of all grade reports, certificates, and transcripts at the time of application. English proficiency and proof of funding documents must be presented to the Office of Graduate Admissions either by postal mail or in person. These documents will not be accepted through the online application.
- Once all of the required documents are received, applications will be reviewed by the individual school or program admissions committees using the unofficial transcripts. If an offer of admission is made, then an official transcript in the original signed and sealed envelope must be received and reviewed for verification by the Office of Graduate Admissions before registration for classes is allowed.
If at any point during the admission or attendance period, materials are found to be altered or falsified, the Office of Graduate Admissions reserves the right to expel an applicant or student.
How To Apply:
Applying to CUA is now easier than ever with our on line application. The online application is for degree-seeking students only. You can access a PDF version of the non-degree application online by clicking here.
Be sure to mark your calendar with our important deadlines!
Downloadable versions of our paper applications and recommendation forms, all in PDF format.
The perfect opportunity for you to experience Catholic University. Be sure to schedule a visit to our campus!
- Check the
status of a submitted application
Check the status of your submitted online application.
Address For All Materials
The Catholic University of America, Graduate Admissions, 620 Michigan Ave. NE, Washington, D.C. 20064
- Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008 Disclosure
All prospective Catholic University of America faculty members, staff members, and students can visit the Office of the General Counsel website to become familiar with specified information on Title IV and Title IX.