Second Degree Students for Nursing
With the Accelerated Nursing Program students can receive their B.S.N in two
Second degree students are any student who is applying to CUA for an undergraduate (bachelor's) degree after receiving a bachelor's degree at a previous institution or from CUA.
Information for Students Applying to School of Nursing
Second Degree Nursing students can NOT apply online, to download and submit
the Second Degree Application, click here.
Required items to be submitted for second degree students for nursing:
- Completed and signed application.
- $55 application fee
- Statement of Intent
- Two (2) Letters of recommendation
- Official college transcripts from ALL previous colleges attended
- Official test scores from the HESI Admissions Assessment Exam. Instructions can be found here.
- Proof of English Proficiency for International Students -TOEFL/IELTS
Important Dates: The School of Nursing only accepts applications for the Fall semesters. Students must have all pre-requisite classes completed by August 1.
- May 15th, Fall admission deadline
- Spring admission is not available
- Please submit an enrollment deposit no later than June 15th or upon successful completion of pre-requisite coursework
degree nursing students are advised to apply as soon as possible
and well before the deadline. The School of Nursing does stop admitting
students once it reaches its capacity for incoming students each
year, this usually occurs around May 1st. Due to this It is suggested
to apply early for the semester in which you seek admission, for
fall applicants applying after September and before April is most
Federal and merit based financial aid may be available to transfer and second degree nursing students. To be considered for federal aid you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA can be filed for free online at www.fafsa.gov. CUA’s FAFSA code is 01437. Consideration for CUA need-based grants requires completion of the College Board CSS Profile. There is a nominal fee for completing the CSS Profile at http://profileonline.collegeboard.com.
Required pre-requisites for Transfer and Second Degree Nursing:.
- minimum of 8 semester hours in human anatomy and physiology with a laboratory
- minimum of 3 credits in microbiology with a laboratory
- minimum of 3 credits in human growth and development
- minimum of 4 credits in organic/biochemistry with a laboratory
- 3 credits of basic statistics
- 2 credits of human nutrition
- 6 credits of humanities
- 6 credits of social sciences
A cumulative grade point average of a 3.0 is required for anatomy and physiology, microbiology and chemistry.